This dish was created by Soma during the Moon Banquet Festival to combat against Kuga Terunori in sales. This dish comprises of 3 parts: curry, meatball and mapo tofu. The soup is made from beef bones, several curry spices, garlic, and ginger to make the curry dish. The soup is then mixed in gelatin which has been wrapped with the meatballs Sōma uses for his Hujiao Bing.
Curry Filling Edit
- 2 cups of Beef Bone Broth
- 2.5 cm of Ginger, cut into slices
- 3 cloves of Garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons of Curry Powder
- 1 packet of Gelatin
- 2 tablespoons of Water
- 500g of Ground Pork
- 2 tablespoons of Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Chinese Five Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon of Ground Anise
- 1 tablespoon of Freshly Ground Pepper
Mapo Tofu Edit
- 2 cups of Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons of Spicy Bean Sauce (Doubanjiang)
- 2 tablespoon of Fermented Black Bean Sauce (Dou-Chi)
- 2 teaspoons of Soy Sauce
- Crushed Red Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon of Sichuan Peppercorns, freshly ground
- 5 Green Onions, chopped and separated into whites and greens
- 0.2 kg Ground Pork
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of minced Ginger
- 1, 400 grams package of Soft Tofu
- 2, 1/2 tablespoon of Water
- 1 tbsp of Cornstarch
- Freshly cooked Ramen Noodles, 1/2 single serving package per serving
- Sichuan Peppercorns, freshly ground, as garnish.
Real Facts Edit
- Mapo tofu or Mapo doufu (麻婆豆腐) is a popular Chinese dish from Sichuan province. It consists of tofu set in a spicy sauce, typically a thin, oily, and bright red suspension, based on douban 豆瓣 (fermented broadbean and chili paste) and douchi 豆豉 (fermented black beans), along with minced meat, usually pork or beef. Variations exist with other ingredients such as water chestnuts, onions, other vegetables, or wood ear fungus.
- Curry (/ˈkʌri/, plural curries) is an umbrella term referring to a number of dishes originating in the cuisine of the Indian subcontinent. The common feature is the use of complex combinations of spices or herbs, usually including turmeric, cumin, ginger, and fresh or dried hot chillies. The use of the term is generally limited to dishes prepared in a sauce. Curry dishes prepared in the southern states of India may be spiced with leaves from the curry tree.
- Lion's Head (simplified Chinese: 狮子头; traditional Chinese: 獅子頭; pinyin: Shīzitóu) or stewed meatball is a dish from the Huaiyang cuisine of eastern China, consisting of large pork meatballs stewed with vegetables. There are two varieties: white (or plain), and red(红烧, cooked with soy sauce). The plain variety is usually stewed or steamed with napa cabbage. The red variety can be stewed with cabbage or cooked with bamboo shoots and tofu derivatives. The minced meat rich in fat is more likely to bring better texture, addition of chopped water chestnut also works.