Restaurant Yukihira (食事処 ゆきひら Shokujidokoro Yukihira) is a Japanese style special-of-the-day type restaurant owned by Jōichirō Yukihira in the Sumiredōri Shopping District. However, Jōichirō closed it in order to travel abroad for 2 or 3 years and send his son Sōma to an Elite Culinary School called Tōtsuki Culinary Academy.
After Sōma graduated, Jōichirō passed ownership of the restaurant to Sōma, who opens the restaurant only on an irregular schedule, as he spends most of his time traveling overseas, accepting invitations to cook all over the world.
Restaurant Yukihira use to be a fairly small "Special of the Day" diner. It was originally owned and operated by Kazusato Yukihira, who later passed on the restaurant to his daughter, Tamako Yukihira, and son-in-law, Jōichirō Yukihira.
The Restaurant Yukihira employee uniform consists of a dark blue, long sleeve shirt with the Restaurant Yukihira name inscribed on it in two locations. One in the front on the upper left side of the torso, over the wearers heart, written in small print. The other located in the middle of the back, written in large print.
The uniform also consists of a white apron and a shirt..
- Kazusato Yukihira (Co Owner and Chef)
- Jōichirō Yukihira (Co Owner and Chef)
- Tamako Yukihira (Former)
- Sōma Yukihira (Co Owner and Chef, Former Sous Chef)
Menu Anime only
These are Yukihira specialty dishes that can only be found on their secret menu: which they got rid of during soma third year at totski in the anime when in typical yukihira fashion they decided to finally say screw it. where going to make that menu public but not only that they decided to serve food that they experienced and want to make on from there travels or the dishes they made at totsuki or abroad or takes on things there friends made. this was met with regular costumers praises and curiosity, Also they got to know more about jorōchirō Yukihira past because he began to open up about it and customer and the shopping district had symphony for him and where glad he recovered fully finally. But sumire was still in uproar through and they could not stand those selfish people . As a result unrepentant people who where responsible for his mental collapse where not allowed to eat at the expanded restaurant Yukihira and also where not allowed to go anywhere near sumire shopping district. The expansion was made as a result of them receive new costumers and regulars from all walks of life including VIP that included the culinary industry and also other areas.
- #5 Beef Stew - A hearty stew made in Restaurant Yukihira. It is perfect for your average patron but was deemed not suitable for the Autumn Election Semifinals. Later the evolved version was served at the restaurant
- Beef Stew: Autumn Election Special - Sōma improved the Beef Stew to overcome a great handicap. Using the style of a Chikuzenni, Sōma created a beef stew using a medley of other beef parts to create a meat thrill ride for the judges.
- #8 Transforming Furikake Gohan - An original take on the classical Furikake Gohan, the Yukihira style uses eggs coated by a golden coating using chilled chicken broth to create a golden jewel from the simplest ingredients.
- #20 Revamped Mackerel Onigiri Chazuke - The normal variation of Yukihira's Secret Menu #20 uses salmon as the meat base, but to challenge Satoshi, he used Mackerel as Satoshi did for his duel dish. Though it is a Japanese styled dish, Sōma unknowingly used a French technique, poêlée, to create a unique dish that brings forth the feeling of spring!
- Mapo Doufu Meal - A full Chinese course meal made in Restaurant Yukihira. This meal consists of one mapo doufu dish and three other staple dishes
- Zuppa Di Pesce
- Cheese-Feathered Hanetsuki Gyōza
- Ojiya-Style Pacific Saury Takikomi Gohan
- a version of Evolved Nori Bento
- Time Fuse Mapo Curry Noodles
- Yukihira Style Barley Flour Yaki Soba
- Eggs Benedict fit for a queen don
- Time Fuse: Brazen Youngster-Style Primeval Meat