Restaurant Yukihira (食事処 ゆきひら Shokujidokoro Yukihira) is a Japanese style special-of-the-day type restaurant owned by Jōichirō Yukihira in the Sumiredōri Shopping District. However, Jōichirō closed it in order to travel abroad for 3 years and send his son Sōma to an Elite Culinary School called Tōtsuki Culinary Academy.
(To be added)
These are Yukihira specialty dishes that can only be found on their secret menu:
- #5 Beef Stew - A hearty stew made in Restaurant Yukihira. It is perfect for your average patron but was deemed not suitable for the Autumn Election Semifinals.
- Beef Stew: Autumn Election Special - Sōma improved the Beef Stew to overcome a great handicap. Using the style of a Chikuzenni, Sōma created a beef stew using a medley of other beef parts to create a meat thrill ride for the judges.
- #8 Transforming Furikake Gohan - An original take on the classical Furikake Gohan, the Yukihira style uses eggs coated by a golden coating using chilled chicken broth to create a golden jewel from the simplest ingredients.
- #20 Revamped Mackerel Onigiri Chazuke - The normal variation of Yukihira's Secret Menu #20 uses salmon as the meat base, but to challenge Satoshi, he used Mackerel as Satoshi did for his duel dish. Though it is a Japanese styled dish, Sōma unknowingly used a French technique, poêlée, to create a unique dish that brings forth the feeling of spring!
- Mapo Doufu Meal - A full Chinese course meal made in Restaurant Yukihira. This meal consists of one mapo doufu dish and three other staple dishes