Rentarō has long orange hair held back with a black hairband, sharp eyebrows, and red eyes. His style is reminiscent of goth: he wears a half-unbuttoned vermilion chef's jacket with black cross patterns on his collar and buttons over a black T-shirt, with his pants legs rolled up past his ankles and brown shoes. He has tattoos underneath his left eye and on his right wrist, a pierced right eyebrow, and a chain earring on his left earthat reaches down to his collarbone, ending with a large black cross.
Rentarō is highly confident in his cooking skills and takes pride in the fact that he was chosen to be a member of Central. His confidence was further shown when he personally informed a Research Society head about the purge so that he could take the chance to crush them. He is also easily irritated when underclassmen disrespect him. While he is quick to temper, he calms down quickly while cooking, channeling his emotions into his food.
Rentarō enrolled into Tōtsuki Culinary Academy as part of the 91st Generation. As Rentarō made it to his second year, he successfully completed the Tōtsuki Friendship and Rapport Training Camp and Stagiaire events in his first year.
Rentarō was among the students shown by Central to bolster the Azami administration.
Cooking Style Edit
- Heating — Rentarō's specialty lies in the different heating methods in cooking. As noted by Mea Yanai, his mastery in low temperature cooking is his greatest strength. He has a wide variety of cooking appliance knowledge so he can use his heating techniques to the highest degrees, even using rather difficult appliances such as the immersion circulator and the steam convection oven.
- Central (formerly)
Cooking Duel Records Edit
Official Shokugeki Edit
|Cutting-Edge Cooking RS Vs. Central Shokugeki|
|Ryō Kurokiba||Salmon||Saumon Confit Flamme||Win: Cutting-Edge Cooking RS disbands.
||Loss - Cutting-Edge Cooking RS remains intact.||0-1-0*|
(*) Rentarō won several Shokugeki as a member of Central during the Survivor's purge, thus the score here does not reflect his true Win-Loss record at the time of the Shokugeki.
- ↑ Shokugeki no Soma chapter 153, pages 14-15
- ↑ Shokugeki no Soma chapter 154, pages 6-7
- ↑ Shokugeki no Soma chapter 155, pages 9-12
- ↑ Shokugeki no Soma chapter 153, page 21
- ↑ Shokugeki no Soma chapter 154, pages 8-9
- ↑ Shokugeki no Soma chapter 155, pages 10-11
- ↑ Shokugeki no Soma chapter 154, page 9
- ↑ Shokugeki no Soma chapter 156, pages 10-11
|Etsuya Eizan • Kiyoshi Gōdabayashi • Satoshi Isshiki • Shōko Kaburagi • Tetsuji Kabutoyama • Nene Kinokuni • Rui Kofuru • Kanichi Konishi • Terunori Kuga • Shigemichi Kumai • Rentarō Kusunoki • Julio Shiratsu • Mea Yanai|