The Moon Banquet Festival (月饗祭 Gekkyōsai) is the annual Academy Festival (学園祭 Gakuen-sai) of Tōtsuki Culinary Academy.
Students are invited to set up a booth to demonstrate their cooking to customers for a period of five days.
The Moon Banquet Festival is the annual school festival at Tōtsuki. During students can set up a food booth at the festival, after reciving permission to do so. During the Moon Banquet Festival, students may choose to work individually or in a group.
The festival is considered a huge event that attracts more than 500,000 customers a day. Among these customers are numerous domestic and foreign V.I.P.'s. The customers are acomidated at Tōtsuki's on campus lodging facilities and at Tōtsuki Resort; the rent for the lodging alone is a great money maker for Tōtsuki.
Students would need to sell around 1,000 dishes a day if they want to make it to the top of the sales. As a result, certain stand locations are highly coveted and numerous Shokugekis are done to claim a desired location.
As early as their middle school years, students are advised and supervised by teachers to set up a booth and balance the cost of the stall and ingredients, as well as in predicting the number of customers.
Like most major Tōtsuki events, this event whittles down the number of students by expelling those who fail; in this case, expulsion is the result should a student suffer a loss of income at the end of the event. However, as long as they do not perform anything incredibly reckless, such as set up their stall alongside an incredibly skilled competitor, it is virtually impossible to set up a deficit.
- Main Street Area - Located at the front of the Academy. Most normal students set up stands here due to the high traffic of customers to sell their own dishes. Majority of these stands are standard festival foods and quick meals to eat while walking. The typical credit range of customers in this area range from around ¥500 to ¥1000. In addition, the number of booths in this area is 60 booths.
- Central Area - Located in the center of the Academy. This area specializes in teaching various cooking methods. Most stands here feature specialized ingredients and tools, but range from restaurant to festival dishes. The typical credit range of customers in this area range from around ¥1000 to ¥5000. In addition, the number of booths in this area is 40 booths.
- Uptown Area - A highly exclusive area at the top of the Academy and are comprised of high luxury style dish establishments. Only the highest paying guests go to this area and most people who run stands up here are extremely renowned outside of the Academy. As such, members of the Elite Ten Council generally set up their booths in this area. The typical credit range of customers in this area range from ¥5000 and up. In addition, the number of booths in this area is 20 booths.
Customers who come to the Tōtsuki campus must purchase special credit tickets, which are used during the event by customers to purchase dishes from the booths in place of money. They are used to keep track of daily sales, and at the evening of each day, the revenue from all shops are tallied and are ranked in order to find the top three most profitable shops in each area.
There are three different types of tickets, each type boasting a different value: 
- Pine Level - ¥10,000
- Bamboo Level - ¥1,000
- Plum Level - ¥500
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Shokugeki no Soma chapter 120, pages 1-5
- ↑ Shokugeki no Soma chapter 120, page 17
- ↑ Shokugeki no Soma chapter 121, page 13
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Shokugeki no Soma chapter 122, page 4
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Shokugeki no Soma chapter 121, page 20
- ↑ Shokugeki no Soma chapter 132, page 5
- ↑ Shokugeki no Soma chapter 121, page 9
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Shokugeki no Soma chapter 126, page 11
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Shokugeki no Soma chapter 125, page 1