Miyoko has purple hair that has a slightly longer group of hair that sticks out from the top of her head, purple eyes and she has a very tall and slender yet curvy stature including her large breasts. She is seen wearing two outfits:
- Whenever she cooks, she often wears a red Cheongsam.
- In school, she wears a typical Tōtsuki Uniform without socks.
Miyoko is a strong-willed person with the lust for battle, she has a vehement belief that test grades alone do not completely rank an individual's capability. She takes a physical approach when dealing with problems. For instance, she stomps her feet on the ground to scare off Megumi's bullies. She strongly believes that women should have pride and prestige like men, further implying to whoever underestimates a woman's strength shall not be forgiven. However, her beliefs discriminate any men she sees, but also steepen her prejudice by assuming women who receives assistance from men, are considered weak.
Despite being overly vehement, Miyoko is a compassionate person who protects the weak and innocent from the oppression of any ignorant students.
Miyoko is the daughter of Head Chef Hōjō, who owns the Hōjōrō, a 50-year-old restaurant famed for their Chinese cuisine in Yokohama Chinatown. She succeeded her father and became the first female head chef, however, the sous chef opposed her succession because of her gender. One year before her enrollment at Tōtsuki Culinary Academy, Miyoko overheard insults about her culinary ability and gender from the sous chef, who decided to torment her until she force herself out of the restaurant.
Sometime later, Miyoko surprised the kitchen staff by cooking dishes on par with the sous chef's ability, albeit, the other chefs remarked that Miyoko might best him if he was not careful. Miyoko then approached the sous chef and threatened to take his job once she graduates from Tōtsuki Academy. Miyoko later mentioned that she had enough of being belittled and sought the absolute prestige as a cook by obtaining the Tōtsuki Elite Ten Council's first seat.
The 92nd Orientation Ceremony
Main article: Introduction Arc
Miyoko eventually made it into the high school section and was present at the Spring Orientation Ceremony. It is not known how she reacted to Sōma Yukihira's entrance speech.Shokugeki no Soma episode 3
Tōtsuki Friendship and Rapport Training Camp
Main article: Training Camp Arc
Several weeks into the school term, Miyoko, along with the 980 students of the 92nd Tōtsuki Generation, went to the Tōtsuki Friendship and Rapport Training Camp at Tōtsuki Resort. While at the training camp, upon hearing rumors of an unofficial Shokugeki, Miyoko took a particular interest in Megumi Tadokoro, who survived the match against Kojirō Shinomiya. She was among the 628 students to survive the camp.
The 43rd Annual Tōtsuki Autumn Election
Main article: Tōtsuki Autumn Election Arc
Several weeks later, an announcement was made for the 92nd Generation, announcing that the participants for the 43rd Annual Tōtsuki Autumn Election were about to be revealed. Miyoko was one of the 60 students selected to participate. Miyoko learned that Megumi was also chosen to participate in the same block as her. Shortly after, she encountered Megumi as she was harassed by some male students. Miyoko scared off the boys by stomping hard on the ground, leaving a deep footprint in the dirt. Miyoko asked Megumi about the details about her Shokugeki and how she managed to beat Kojirō. However, she was disappointed upon learning that Megumi only survived with Sōma's assistance, and left the premise.
Tōtsuki Autumn Election: Preliminary Round
See also: 43rd Annual Tōtsuki Autumn Election
After a month passed by, Miyoko headed to the lobby of the Shokugeki Arena and heard Senzaemon Nakiri delivered an inspiring speech, regarding the legacy behind the very hall they were standing in. Afterwards, Miyoko headed to Block "B". As the match began, she immediately impressed everyone as she cooked effortlessly with a metal wok while wearing her Cheongsam, causing one of the guest judges to nosebleed. Shortly after, Miyoko was bumped by Megumi, who was heading to the ingredient tables, and scolded her for not paying attention.
However, moments later, Miyoko was surprised when Megumi brought out her secret weapon, a giant hanging goosefish and proceeded to flawlessly cut the goosefish. Afterwards, Miyoko presented her dish, a Pineapple Fried Curry Rice to the judges, who noted the exquisite use of the pineapple that gave a sweet and spicy flavor to her dish, earning her a score of 87. However, Miyoko was ranked at second place, just after Hisako Arato. After Alice Nakiri and Takumi Aldini presented their dish, Miyoko was pushed to 4th place. When Megumi presented her dish, and earned a score of 88, Miyoko was eliminated in the Preliminary Round. After the match concluded, Miyoko apologized to Megumi for judging her too soon and congratulated her, promising to cheer Megumi on in the Main Tournament.
Moon Banquet Festival
Main article: Moon Banquet Festival Arc
After the events of the Autumn Election, and after completing her Stagiaire, Miyoko was playing basketball in the gym, which astounded everyone. She then noticed Sōma Yukihira and Megumi. Shortly after, she learned that Sōma wanted to surpass Terunori Kuga's booth in the Moon Banquet Festival. However, she expected no less from the person who survived a Shokugeki against Kojirō. Much to her dismay, she also learned that Sōma has no staff for his booth, and brought him to see Terunori and his club, the Chinese Cuisine RS.
- Chinese Cuisine - Miyoko's forte lies in Chinese cuisine from her background in her family restaurant. She has mastered the usage of various Chinese cooking techniques such as stir-frying and using a wok. As it currently stands, Miyoko is possibly the best chef in her family's restaurant despite her young age.
- High Physical Strength - Contrary to her slim appearance, Miyoko is incredibly strong. She is able to cook with a metal wok using only one hand, which requires great strength and control, to use in such a way. Another testament to her physical prowess, she was able to stomp a deep footprint into the ground with little physical movement.
- Pineapple Fried Curry Rice - Miyoko's first curry dish in display during the 43rd Annual Tōtsuki Autumn Election. The dish is exclusively made by Miyoko. Unlike any other fried rice, it uses the pineapple crown as design and the flesh is used as extra ingredients for the fried rice. A fragment of this dish is so good as it would make you think that it is an art itself!
- The name Miyoko means "beautiful" (美) (mi), "generation" (代) (yo) and "child" (子) (ko).
- Miyoko's surname Hōjō means "north" (北) (hō) and "article" (条) (jō).
- In Episode 51: Onward on the Totsuki Train, Miyoko and Nao Sadatsuka are shown to pass the first exam with the Rebels.
- It is unknown if whether this means she is part of the rebels opposing Central, but in secret.
- ↑ http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-06/food-wars-tv-anime-adds-junichi-suwabe-saori-goto-asami-seto-to-cast/.90119
- ↑ https://myanimelist.net/people/417/Kara_Greenberg
|Isami Aldini • Takumi Aldini • Daigo Aoki • Hisako Arato • Ken Dakekanba • Madoka Enomoto • Akira Hayama • Miyoko Hōjō • Shun Ibusaki • Takumi Ishiwatari • Urara Kawashima • Ryō Kurokiba • Zenji Marui • Subaru Mimasaka • Ikumi Mito • Alice Nakiri • Erina Nakiri • Nao Sadatsuka • Ryōko Sakaki • Yua Sasaki • Shōji Satō • Megumi Tadokoro • Yūki Yoshino • Sōma Yukihira|