Akari Miyano (
Akari is a young ten year old girl with black hair that is styled in two high pigtails where it is held up by beaded hair ties with bangs hanging on either side and brown eyes. During her brief appearance, she wore a striped shirt covered with a hooded jacket. She also wore a skirt and high stockings and brought along a strap-bag.
Akari has a very shy and timid personality.
Tōtsuki Friendship and Rapport Training Camp
Main article: Training Camp Arc
Akari was among the many hotel guests to participate in the breakfast buffet task being performed by the students of the Tōtsuki Culinary Academy. When she visited Erina Nakiri's station in hopes of trying her Eggs Benedict, she was abruptly pushed away by two boys. Hesitant to try and approach the station again, Sōma Yukihira caught her attention and brought her to his station. Saying that he was about to perform magic, he cooked a Mini Soufflé Omelette right before her eyes and served it to her. Akari found it delicious, asking how the eggs melted in her mouth like magic. It was thanks to Akari that the other guests in the hall slowly approached Sōma's station, eventually allowing him to complete his 200 dish quota.
- The name Akari means "bright" (明) or "vermilion red" (朱) (aka) and "village" (里) or "white jasmine" (莉) (ri).
- Akari's surname Miyano means "temple, shrine, palace" (宮) (miya) and "field, wilderness" (野) (no).
- Akari's name was never revealed in the manga itself.
- However, the released tankōbon chapter counterpart provided a supplementary article about her, revealing her name alongside some basic information.
- Akari's hobbies include reading shōjo manga .
- ↑ http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/tv-shows/Food-Wars-Shokugeki-no-Soma/Akari-Miyano/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Shokugeki no Soma chapter 32, pages 2-5
- ↑ Shokugeki no Soma, Volume 5